CCleaner is a tool to clean your system from temporary and unnecessary files that accumulate over time.
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it’s fast (normally taking less than a second to run).
Here is a step by step guide on how to use CCleaner.
1. Click on Analyze to see useless files that need to be removed from your computer.
2. Then click on Run Cleaner and a dialog box will come up.
3. Check the “Do not show me this message again” and click on OK. Cleaning complete details will be displayed.
4. Now click on the Registry Tab and then click on “Scan for Issues”
5. A dialog box will come up asking if you want to backup your registry. Select No.
5. Now a window comes up with the issues that need to be fixed. Click on “Fix All Selected Issues”
6. All the issues with windows registry will get fixed automatically.
This is all what you will need to do with CCleaner. When fixing registry problems we do not take the backup because the program is robust and does not cause any problems, and with System Restore service running you dont need to backup the registry. But if you want you can always do so.