In Windows XP computer when we click on the start menu the name of the computer owner is displayed. This can be changed easily.
1. Click on the Start -- Control Panel.
2. Now click on the User Accounts.
3. Now click on your displayed name. (This would be computer administrator)
4. This is the current registered name.
5. Type the new name and then click on the Change Name. Thats it.
How to change your name in the windows xp registered system?
2. Click on Start - Run and then type "regedit" and press Enter.
3. Now click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> "SOFTWARE" --> "Microsoft" -- "Windows NT" -- "Current Version"
4. Now on the roght side find "Registered Owner" and click to open it.
5. Now type your new name and press Enter.
This is how to change the name of my computer on your windows xp desktop.